- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
BracketRacket: Rejection, an underdog, 2 Chains
Of course we have a photo of Tom Izzo with 2 Chains: http://bit.ly/10y9D7i
A classy letter from Deshaun Thomas to Ohio State’s other student-athletes: http://bit.ly/10yeKo8
While we’re linking to letters, here’s one from Ole Miss’ Marshall Henderson: http://bit.ly/10zpMbm
Yesterday, we showed you one dunk from the McDonald’s All-Star Game dunk contest. Now here’s all of `em: http://bit.ly/10yeZPX
Stat guru Nate Silver’s breakdown of the Final Four: http://nyti.ms/ZWERGL
STAT OF THE DAY
An interesting note from the folks at STATS:
Syracuse’s one-point loss to Indiana in the 1987 national championship game was certainly a memorable battle, and it also started a trend that Orange fans won’t like heading into Saturday’s game against Michigan.
All-time in the Final Four, Big Ten teams have beaten Big East schools four of five times (based on teams’ conference affiliation at the time of their meeting).
The lone Final Four win for the Big East over the Big Ten came in 1999, when eventual champ UConn defeated Ohio State in the semifinals. The last such game came in the `09 semifinals, when Michigan State surprised UConn, 82-73.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“It’s like he’s never left. Words can’t explain our feelings to have him back with us.” _ Louisville guard Peyton Siva on teammate Kevin Ware joining the Cardinals in Atlanta just a few days after his horrific leg injury.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.