- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
BracketRacket: Rejection, an underdog, 2 Chains
Question of the Day
Of course we have a photo of Tom Izzo with 2 Chains: http://bit.ly/10y9D7i
A classy letter from Deshaun Thomas to Ohio State’s other student-athletes: http://bit.ly/10yeKo8
While we’re linking to letters, here’s one from Ole Miss’ Marshall Henderson: http://bit.ly/10zpMbm
Yesterday, we showed you one dunk from the McDonald’s All-Star Game dunk contest. Now here’s all of `em: http://bit.ly/10yeZPX
Stat guru Nate Silver’s breakdown of the Final Four: http://nyti.ms/ZWERGL
STAT OF THE DAY
An interesting note from the folks at STATS:
Syracuse’s one-point loss to Indiana in the 1987 national championship game was certainly a memorable battle, and it also started a trend that Orange fans won’t like heading into Saturday’s game against Michigan.
All-time in the Final Four, Big Ten teams have beaten Big East schools four of five times (based on teams’ conference affiliation at the time of their meeting).
The lone Final Four win for the Big East over the Big Ten came in 1999, when eventual champ UConn defeated Ohio State in the semifinals. The last such game came in the `09 semifinals, when Michigan State surprised UConn, 82-73.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“It’s like he’s never left. Words can’t explain our feelings to have him back with us.” _ Louisville guard Peyton Siva on teammate Kevin Ware joining the Cardinals in Atlanta just a few days after his horrific leg injury.
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq