- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Redskins’ preseason schedule features two home games
The Redskins will host a nationally televised preseason game against Pittsburgh on Monday, Aug. 19 even though quarterback Robert Griffin III is not expected to play until the regular season because of his recovery from knee surgery.
ESPN will televise the game, the league announced Thursday.
The Redskins open the preseason at Tennessee. That game, which will be played sometime between Aug. 8-11, will break up the team’s first training camp at its new facility in Richmond.
Washington hosts Buffalo between Aug. 23-25 and visits Tampa Bay between Aug. 29-31. Exact dates and times for the preseason game not on national TV will be announced later this month when the NFL releases its regular season schedule.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!