- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
Rick Ross: Gunshots fired at rapper from nearby car, witnesses say
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Two witnesses say they saw a car pull alongside a Rolls-Royce driven by rapper Rick Ross in South Florida and heard numerous gunshots before the car crashed into a nearby building.
A Fort Lauderdale police report released Thursday says witnesses saw three or four people inside an older model, burgundy- or maroon-colored BMW before the shots rang out. Neither Mr. Ross nor his girlfriend, fashion designer Shateria L. Moragne-el, was injured in the Jan. 28 attack. The bullets mostly struck nearby businesses.
The witnesses told police that the car’s occupants fired out of their passenger-side window at Mr. Ross‘ vehicle, according to the report. Police recovered 18 bullet casings.
“The witnesses ducked for cover in their vehicle due to the rapid gunfire, but were able to see the vehicle flee eastbound,” the report says.
The report also says that Mr. Ross was armed with a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun located in his waistband. Mr. Ross, whose real name is William Leonard Roberts II, did not draw the gun. The police report also notes that Mr. Ross has a suspended concealed weapon permit.
Police are reviewing video from 20 surveillance cameras in the area for clues. The footage has not been made public.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014