- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Rick Ross: Gunshots fired at rapper from nearby car, witnesses say
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Two witnesses say they saw a car pull alongside a Rolls-Royce driven by rapper Rick Ross in South Florida and heard numerous gunshots before the car crashed into a nearby building.
A Fort Lauderdale police report released Thursday says witnesses saw three or four people inside an older model, burgundy- or maroon-colored BMW before the shots rang out. Neither Mr. Ross nor his girlfriend, fashion designer Shateria L. Moragne-el, was injured in the Jan. 28 attack. The bullets mostly struck nearby businesses.
The witnesses told police that the car’s occupants fired out of their passenger-side window at Mr. Ross‘ vehicle, according to the report. Police recovered 18 bullet casings.
“The witnesses ducked for cover in their vehicle due to the rapid gunfire, but were able to see the vehicle flee eastbound,” the report says.
The report also says that Mr. Ross was armed with a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun located in his waistband. Mr. Ross, whose real name is William Leonard Roberts II, did not draw the gun. The police report also notes that Mr. Ross has a suspended concealed weapon permit.
Police are reviewing video from 20 surveillance cameras in the area for clues. The footage has not been made public.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.