- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spewing hate from God’s house
On Easter Sunday of all days and in God's House, the Rev. Luis Leon race- baited and pandered to President Obama ("Communing with hatemongers from the pulpit," Commentary, Wednesday). Mr. Leon charged that "captains of the religious right" want to oppress black Americans. Really? Well, Mr. Leon, just who are these people? I challenge you to name them.
Of course, Mr. Leon won't, because he actually can't name a single person. The only place these people exist is in his hate-filled mind. Still, if Mr. Leon is truly looking for an evil person, all he has to do is find the nearest mirror.
Tell me, Reverend, as a man of God, is there anything more despicable than spewing hate and lies on what is for Christians the holiest day of the year — and using God's house to do it?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear