- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
NAZARBAYEV: A model for curtailing nuclear proliferation
Kazakhstan gave up its nuclear-weapons program years ago
That is why I believe the international community should consider establishing a specialized independent nuclear arbitration body under International Atomic Energy Agency or United Nations auspices that would draw together the best global specialists in problems of nuclear security, energy and non-proliferation.
This new body could be given the authority to pass rulings on suspected violations of international agreements and rules in nuclear activities. These rulings would be the basis for introducing sanctions against states in violation of accepted international norms.
Much has changed in the world since Albert Einstein and other leading scientists pointed to the dangers of nuclear fission in 1946, and the world survived several decades of nuclear-armed superpower confrontation during the Cold War.
Nursultan Nazarbayev is the president of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal