- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
Ware chats with Letterman, does Top 10 List
ATLANTA (AP) - Kevin Ware might have a future as a comedian.
The Louisville guard was at ease as he presented the Top 10 List on the “Late Show with David Letterman” on Thursday night, even tossing in a barb at Letterman’s late-night rival Jay Leno.
“How about that for a kid? Kevin Ware!” Letterman said.
Ware has become something of a celebrity since his right tibia snapped during the first half of Sunday’s Midwest Regional final against Duke. His teammates were devastated by the horrific injury, with several collapsing to the floor in tears after it happened. But Ware told them to “just go win the game” before he was wheeled off the floor on a stretcher, and the Cardinals rallied to beat Duke 85-63 and earn a second straight trip to the Final Four.
Ware underwent surgery Sunday night, and was released from the hospital two days later. On Wednesday, hours after being cleared by doctors, he accompanied top-seeded Louisville to the Final Four _ being played in his hometown of Atlanta.
“This goes from a terrible tragedy to bit of a miracle, doesn’t it?” Letterman said, chatting with the sophomore before Ware read the top 10 list of “Thoughts going through Kevin Ware’s mind” after he broke his leg:
10. “What was that loud cracking sound?”
9. “I hope this doesn’t leave a bruise.”
8. “Hey look, my tibia!”
6. “Did it go in?”
5. “Oh boy, hospital food.”
4. “Tape it up, coach, I’m staying in.”
3. “They fired Leno?”
2. “Heat then ice? Or ice then heat?”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.