- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
Ware chats with Letterman, does Top 10 List
ATLANTA (AP) - Kevin Ware might have a future as a comedian.
The Louisville guard was at ease as he presented the Top 10 List on the “Late Show with David Letterman” on Thursday night, even tossing in a barb at Letterman’s late-night rival Jay Leno.
“How about that for a kid? Kevin Ware!” Letterman said.
Ware has become something of a celebrity since his right tibia snapped during the first half of Sunday’s Midwest Regional final against Duke. His teammates were devastated by the horrific injury, with several collapsing to the floor in tears after it happened. But Ware told them to “just go win the game” before he was wheeled off the floor on a stretcher, and the Cardinals rallied to beat Duke 85-63 and earn a second straight trip to the Final Four.
Ware underwent surgery Sunday night, and was released from the hospital two days later. On Wednesday, hours after being cleared by doctors, he accompanied top-seeded Louisville to the Final Four _ being played in his hometown of Atlanta.
“This goes from a terrible tragedy to bit of a miracle, doesn’t it?” Letterman said, chatting with the sophomore before Ware read the top 10 list of “Thoughts going through Kevin Ware’s mind” after he broke his leg:
10. “What was that loud cracking sound?”
9. “I hope this doesn’t leave a bruise.”
8. “Hey look, my tibia!”
6. “Did it go in?”
5. “Oh boy, hospital food.”
4. “Tape it up, coach, I’m staying in.”
3. “They fired Leno?”
2. “Heat then ice? Or ice then heat?”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- ISTOOK: Obama's sleight of hand hides hidden government's work
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014