- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Women’s Final Four brings Big Easy more big games
Question of the Day
“It would be unbelievable to get to the Final Four no matter where it was held, but I think in particular our entire team has embraced the fact that it’s in an incredible city with so much culture, celebration and things to look forward to,” Cal coach Lindsay Gottlieb said Friday.
Each school’s trip from the airport to their downtown hotels on Thursday night included stops at Mardi Gras World, where parade floats are built and stored, for team photos.
Cal center Talia Caldwell took pictures of floats adorned by sculptures of Ray Lewis, Michael Jackson and Jimmy Hendrix. Golden Bears guard Layshia Clarendon said she spent so much time raving about beignets (small, square french doughnuts) that the team’s director of operations added popular French Quarter spot Cafe du Monde to the itinerary.
“Oh my god _ New Orleans _ we’re going to eat so good on this trip,” Clarendon said. “I’m excited, because we know we’re going to play hard. The basketball part of it, it’s ingrained, it’s who we are, we’re going to do that, we’re going to take care of it, so we’re really excited to take part in the festivities.”
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow