- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
U.S. watchful, wary as China fights new bird flu strain
A decade ago, Chinese authorities repeatedly said that the SARS epidemic — short for severe acute respiratory syndrome — was under control, despite strong evidence to the contrary.
As it spread, Chinese doctors began to accuse their own government of covering up just how widespread the outbreak had become.
That doesn’t seem to the case with H7N9, Dr. Cox said.
“Our feeling is that we have a really good sense of what’s going on over there in terms of the cases,” she said. “They’re working very, very quickly.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Running on empty?: EPA slashes biofuel goals due to shortage of Ethanol
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Joe Biden to Ukrainian lawmakers: Tackle 'cancer of corruption'
- Court rules Obama administration must justify targeted killings
- White House denies role in latest Keystone delay
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014