- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Many will visit ‘Bubba Land’ at Augusta National
Englishman David Lynn, who is making his Masters debut this week, said he hadn’t thought about checking out the spot where Watson hit the famous shot.
“You’d have to walk off the beaten track a little bit to go see it,” Lynn said. “There are a lot of shots I’ve seen there over the years I could look at spots from. You’ve just seen so many shots there that have been hit. There are too many to name. I’m sure when I’m there and I’m standing in that position there will be stuff coming back into my mind.”
“The first year you get there, the two shots you try out are the chip from the right of 11 (which Larry Mize holed to win the 1987 Masters) and you practice the Seve Ballesteros 15th (when he hit in the water in 1986), unfortunately. You don’t try and duff it. But this is the problem with the course, you have baggage. There’s excess baggage always at Augusta. You have experience but you have excess baggage. Everybody carries a few scars that they remember.”
Visit The Augusta Chronicle website for more coverage of the 2013 Masters Tournament. Copyright 2013 The Augusta Chronicle. All Rights Reserved.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow