- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Schumer sees ‘Gang of Eight’ deal this week on immigration
Question of the Day
Mr. Graham and Mr. McCain also had praise for Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican, who is a member of the negotiating team who’s acted as a bridge to conservatives but also has kept advocates and other lawmakers guessing about whether he’ll ultimately support the bill.
“Marco Rubio has been a game-changer in my party. He will be there only if the Democrats will embrace a guest-worker program and a merit-based immigration system to replace the broken one,” Mr. Graham said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Meanwhile two lawmakers involved in writing a bipartisan immigration bill in the House, Reps. Luis V. Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat, and Mario Diaz-Balart, Florida Republican, sounded optimistic that they, too, would have a deal soon that could be reconciled with the Senate agreement.
“I am very, very optimistic that the House of Representatives is going to have a plan that is going to be able to go to a conference with the Senate in which we’re going to be able to resolve this,” Mr. Gutierrez said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
Follow Erica Werner on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ericawerner
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors