- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Liz Cheney considering Senate run
A source close to the politically active daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney told the Daily Caller that she is seriously considering a run for Wyoming Republican Sen. Mike Enzi's seat.
Speculation has abounded for months about whether Mrs. Cheney would run, particularly if Mr. Enzi chose to retire. The Casper Star Tribune reported Saturday that Mr. Enzi indicated he plans to run for re-election.
Mrs. Cheney has not made a formal announcement, but her recent move to Jackson Hole, Wyo., and speaking appearances at various state events seem to signal a possible interest, the Caller reports.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twitter Inc. names first female board member
- Dad buys $750 Xbox One from eBay, gets photo of the console instead
- 7-year-old chomps down on 2-inch rusty nail baked into Panera Bread cookie
- President Obama acknowledges living with illegal immigrant uncle: report
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
Latest Blog Entries
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
White House pets gone wild!