- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
Mexico City Corona beer factory mishap kills 7
Seven workers were killed Sunday at a Mexico City brewery that manufactures beer for the Corona label, a company spokesman said.
The accident occurred while the workers were cleaning a tank, according to the New York Post. A spokesman for Grupo Modelo, the company that makes Corona, said an investigation has begun and that the company will support family members of the victims.
No details of the incident have been released. It is unknown whether the accident would impact the company’s production levels.
Modelo’s Mexico City plant began operations in 1925, and produces roughly 16 percent of the company’s brew, the Post reported.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rob Ford tried to squelch crack claims by buying video for $5K: court
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: 'It's OK to say Merry Christmas'
- American chemistry teacher gun downed in Benghazi: ‘He was so sweet’
- American teacher shot in Benghazi, Libya
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, 'Never, ever'
Latest Blog Entries
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- NAPOLITANO: Liberty, the wellspring of capitalism and charity
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Young millennials shun Obamacare, creating risky imbalance
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.