- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Pe’Shon Howard leaving Maryland; will transfer for senior season
Question of the Day
Maryland point guard Pe’Shon Howard has been granted permission by the school to transfer for his senior season.
Howard says he wants to be closer to his ailing grandmother, who lives in California.
The 6-foot-3 Howard averaged 3.3 points and 3.6 assists in 36 games this season. He started in 24 games. Over his three-year career at Maryland, Howard averaged 4.7 points and 3.5 assists in 83 games.
Maryland coach Mark Turgeon says, “We understand this is best for Pe’Shon and his family and will support him through this transition.”
Howard called it a “difficult decision.” He expressed his gratitude to Turgeon for “allowing me to pursue an opportunity to complete my final season of college basketball at a university closer to home.”
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq