- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
Police: Deaths of Md. high school student, Army sergeant were murder-suicide
The deaths of a 17-year-old Rockville High School student and a recruiter with the U.S. Army were ruled a murder-suicide, Montgomery County police said Monday.
The recruiter, 31-year-old Adam Anthony Arndt, and the high school senior, Michelle Lynne Miller, were found dead inside Mr. Arndt's Germantown home Monday morning. Police believe Mr. Arndt shot Ms. Miller and then turned the gun on himself.
A missing person's report was filed for Ms. Miller close to midnight Sunday after she didn't return home at 10 p.m., according to Montgomery County police. Police went to Mr. Arndt's home, in the 12900 block of Pinnacle Drive in Germantown, on Monday morning after it was reported that Ms. Miller might be found there. The pair was found dead.
The circumstances of the shooting were unclear, but police said the two knew each other. Mr. Arndt was a staff sergeant with the U.S. Army who worked as a recruiter and was assigned to help Ms. Miller, who planned to join the U.S. Army Reserves after she graduated from high school.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray, CFO over budget autonomy law
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray over budget autonomy law
- Guilty verdict in execution-style killings of 2 women, 2 children in Lanham
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.