- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
Connecticut police: Man pulls out BB gun as Obama’s motorcade passes
A man is in custody after, police say, he brandished a BB gun as President Obama’s motorcade passed through Bloomfield, Conn., on Monday afternoon, local media reported.
Authorities have yet to release the man’s name, but he’s scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday. Exact charges also have not yet been made public.
Police say the man was pacing back and forth and acting suspiciously as the presidential motorcade approached, according to NBC Connecticut.
He then pulled out what appeared to be a rifle but turned out to be a BB gun.
Local media reports don’t mention the man firing any shots.
Mr. Obama was in Connecticut on Monday to both push his gun-control agenda and meet with the families of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
Police say the armed man was waiting for the motorcade a few miles from the University of Hartford, where Mr. Obama delivered his speech.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Joe Biden to Ukrainian lawmakers: Tackle 'cancer of corruption'
- Court rules Obama administration must justify targeted killings
- White House denies role in latest Keystone delay
- Holder to overhaul clemency guidelines, possibly freeing thousands of inmates
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- ORTEL: Putin sees opportunities as Obama turns away
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.