- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Connecticut police: Man pulls out BB gun as Obama’s motorcade passes
A man is in custody after, police say, he brandished a BB gun as President Obama’s motorcade passed through Bloomfield, Conn., on Monday afternoon, local media reported.
Authorities have yet to release the man’s name, but he’s scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday. Exact charges also have not yet been made public.
Police say the man was pacing back and forth and acting suspiciously as the presidential motorcade approached, according to NBC Connecticut.
He then pulled out what appeared to be a rifle but turned out to be a BB gun.
Local media reports don’t mention the man firing any shots.
Mr. Obama was in Connecticut on Monday to both push his gun-control agenda and meet with the families of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
Police say the armed man was waiting for the motorcade a few miles from the University of Hartford, where Mr. Obama delivered his speech.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obama: 'Our hearts ache' over South Korean ferry tragedy
- Beau Biden announces Delaware gubernatorial bid
- Selfies still allowed as Obama poses with Biden
- Obama unveils new $600 billion jobs initiative
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.