- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Connecticut police: Man pulls out BB gun as Obama’s motorcade passes
A man is in custody after, police say, he brandished a BB gun as President Obama's motorcade passed through Bloomfield, Conn., on Monday afternoon, local media reported.
Authorities have yet to release the man's name, but he's scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday. Exact charges also have not yet been made public.
Police say the man was pacing back and forth and acting suspiciously as the presidential motorcade approached, according to NBC Connecticut.
He then pulled out what appeared to be a rifle but turned out to be a BB gun.
Local media reports don't mention the man firing any shots.
Mr. Obama was in Connecticut on Monday to both push his gun-control agenda and meet with the families of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
Police say the armed man was waiting for the motorcade a few miles from the University of Hartford, where Mr. Obama delivered his speech.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Joe Biden to Ukrainian lawmakers: Tackle 'cancer of corruption'
- Court rules Obama administration must justify targeted killings
- White House denies role in latest Keystone delay
- Holder to overhaul clemency guidelines, possibly freeing thousands of inmates
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The Democratic leader's calumnies rival those of Joe McCarthy
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014