- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
NFL, NY talk on sexual orientation policy
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A person familiar with talks in a private meeting with New York officials says the NFL agrees to further review its policies to avoid discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the official wasn’t authorized to disclose details of the meeting.
NFL officials spoke with representatives from New York state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s office on Tuesday. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the meeting was “positive and productive” and the league agreed to continue talks, but already is reviewing its policies.
Schneiderman’s office released a statement calling the session a “productive initial meeting” and said the NFL is taking the issue seriously.
After the NFL combine in February, three prospective draft picks said officials asked questions relating to their sexual orientation, which could have violated law. The NFL said it found no “specific violations.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014