- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
Obama to hold pricey fundraiser at Harvey Weinstein’s Manhattan home
Question of the Day
Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and his designer wife, Georgina Chapman, will be hosting an exclusive, $32,400-per-couple fundraising reception for President Barack Obama in their upscale Manhattan home on May 13.
The invitation says guests will experience an “intimate discussion with the president” where they can ask questions, and afterward Obama will “say thank you to each guest and take a photo with them,” the New York Post reports.
“You may be asking why [Obama] needs to hit the trail and start fund-raising so soon after his successful re-election, and the reason is twofold,” the invite explains. “Even Republicans concede that part of our victory stemmed from the fact that with no primary opponent … our re-elect team used the extra time to build a large campaign operation melding a grass-roots army of 2.2 million volunteers with groundbreaking technology … We can’t let them use the next two years to catch up.”
“The DNC is the only organization whose sole mission is to support the president and help him pass his agenda, whether that’s gun control or immigration reform,” it continues. “The White House alone doesn’t have the manpower or the resources to withstand the attacks and control the message.”
Some political insiders are annoyed with the president’s perpetual campaign when they expect to see results, with the New York Post quoting one source as saying, “We’ve got a mayoral race he’ll be getting in the way of. We should be focusing on that and individual congressional candidates. It’s like ‘Lord of the Flies’ … [Obama] is cannibalizing donors.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Pro-Palestinian protesters stage 'die-in' outside Seattle Boeing offices
- Mass. superintendent fined for plagiarizing graduation speeches
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Chicago-area cop kills dog in front of 6-year-old owner, witnesses say
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq