- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Second Amendment supporters start Sandy Hook charity: ‘My Gun Protects Your Freedom’
Second Amendment supporters have banded together to create a Sandy Hook project, called My Gun Protects Your Freedom, selling wristbands online and contributing a portion of the proceeds to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund.
According to a press release, mygunprotectsyourfreedom.com was founded "to change the way people think about Second Amendment supporters, gun owners and firearm enthusiasts alike."
"We are sick of hearing the media cram gun control BS and the exploitation of 'gun violence' down our throats 24/7," said James H., owner of the website. "Here’s a way for Second Amendment supporters to throw the liberals a curveball. We’re giving Second Amendment supporters a new way to raise awareness and say, 'Hey, I’ve donate to Sandy Hook… what have you done?'”
In the first month of operation the brand gained close to 3000 followers on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and generated nearly $600 in funds that went directly to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund. As the brand continues to develop, new products like shirts and other Second Amendment apparel will be available, the website states.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'Saturday Night Live' rushes to find black talent after criticism
- PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'
- Kim Jong Un executes ousted uncle, Jang Song Thaek: report
- Massachusetts brewery loses 1,500 gallons of beer in gasket leak
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
Latest Blog Entries
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- North Korean dictator stuns world with uncle's execution
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow