- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Smith leaving for NBA, father says
Question of the Day
LOUISVILLE, KY. (AP) - The father of Russ Smith says the Louisville junior guard will leave school to enter the NBA draft.
Russ Smith Sr. said the Cardinals’ leading scorer “did it all” during his college career that culminated with Louisville’s 82-76 victory over Michigan Monday night for the NCAA championship. That title, two Big East and an all-conference first-team selection this season completes a resume he said made it easy for his son to take it to the next level.
Smith’s father said his son will announce his decision in the next week.
Smith averaged 18.9 points this season including 23.3 in six NCAA tournament games. But he struggled in the Cardinals’ title-clinching victory, missing 13 of 16 shots and finishing with just nine points.
Nonetheless, Smith Sr. said, “he’s going.”
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq