- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Gifford ready for long-awaited Nationwide debut
Gifford credits the Drive for Diversity program with helping keep his career afloat as he worked to put himself in position for a Nationwide shot _ and he admits that it’s been tough to sleep this week.
Gifford is doing his best to manage expectations for the biggest race of his career so far.
“I’m trying to just be pretty mellow about it and not get too worked up. I’ve still got a 150-lap K&N lap race on Friday night, and that’s my biggest focus. I’m really trying to win a championship and we’ve got a little ground to make up,” Gifford said. “I’ll get up Saturday morning…and go try it there. You know, whatever comes of it is what it is. But I feel really good about the race. Hopefully, as long as I can keep my head on my shoulders, it should turn out pretty good.”
Follow Luke Meredith on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LukeMeredithAP
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He's a 'scumbag'
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes