- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Israel gets nothing in ‘peace’ talks
Question of the Day
Israeli representatives are now meeting with Palestinian Arabs (“Amid Mideast revolt, a chance for Israeli-Palestinian peace,” Web, July 29). The Israeli leaders were selected by a democratically elected government; the Palestinian leaders were selected by a government whose term in office has long since expired and that twice canceled presidential elections. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and his cronies legitimately represent nobody — not in the West Bank, and certainly not in the Gaza Strip, where a terrorist organization rules by terrorizing all who would oppose it.
The multitude of times the supposedly struggling Palestinian people have been handed and have then rejected a state of their own on the territory in question costs them nothing with either President Obama or the mainstream media. Ditto for all the kill-the-Jews rhetoric that abounds in the inter-Arab dialogue, all the public pronouncements of never accepting a Jewish state in any way, shape or size, and all the declarations by leaders in the Palestinian Authority of their intent to take what they can get from the “peace process” and then to dismember Israel piecemeal afterward.
In spite of all of that (or perhaps because of it), Mr. Obama demanded the release of convicted murderers of Jews and these killers’ accomplices. Some number of them will kill again, as has been the repeated pattern with all of the previous releases of Palestinian prisoners. The Arab side of the conflict, the side that was handed “the solution” multiple times and then flushed it down the proverbial toilet each time, was compelled to do nothing more than show up for another opportunity to collect more concessions from Israel.
Israelis should thank God hourly that Mr. Obama is a “friend” of Israel.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Get Breaking Alerts
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Border Patrol helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you