- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Park stumbles down the stretch, opens with 69
ST. ANDREWS, SCOTLAND (AP) - Inbee Park began her pursuit of an unprecedented fourth straight major with a 3-under 69 on Thursday in the Women’s British Open.
For 10 holes, it looked as though Park would be tough to beat. After a ragged back nine, she was happy to break 70.
Park made five putts from 15 feet or longer in an amazing display with the putter. She made six birdies in 10 holes to get her name atop the leaderboard at St. Andrews. But the 25-year-old South Korean began missing fairways, and she took double bogey from a pot bunker in front of the 16th green.
Stacy Lewis, hopeful of being a spoiler this week, had five birdies on the back nine and was the clubhouse leader at 5-under 67.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014