- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
3 black men convicted of robbing a NYC business while disguised as white police officers
NEW YORK —Three black men who disguised themselves as white police officers using special-effects masks have been convicted of robbing a New York City check cashing business.
Jurors in a federal court in Brooklyn on Friday found Akeem Monsalvatage, Derrick Dunkley and Edward Byam guilty on all counts of the robbery that prosecutors say was inspired by the 2010 Ben Affleck movie "The Town."
Prosecutors say the men got their masks from CFX Composite Effects. The special-effects company has done work on movies such as "Wolverine."
The New York Post says authorities used surveillance video to piece together the trio's true identities. Prosecutors say they stole $200,000 from the Pay-O-Matic in Queens in February 2012.
Prosecutors say just like in the 2010 movie, the men poured bleach on the scene and told employees details of their lives.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.