- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
3 black men convicted of robbing a NYC business while disguised as white police officers
Question of the Day
NEW YORK —Three black men who disguised themselves as white police officers using special-effects masks have been convicted of robbing a New York City check cashing business.
Jurors in a federal court in Brooklyn on Friday found Akeem Monsalvatage, Derrick Dunkley and Edward Byam guilty on all counts of the robbery that prosecutors say was inspired by the 2010 Ben Affleck movie "The Town."
Prosecutors say the men got their masks from CFX Composite Effects. The special-effects company has done work on movies such as "Wolverine."
The New York Post says authorities used surveillance video to piece together the trio's true identities. Prosecutors say they stole $200,000 from the Pay-O-Matic in Queens in February 2012.
Prosecutors say just like in the 2010 movie, the men poured bleach on the scene and told employees details of their lives.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq