- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Athletics promote RHP Gray
TORONTO (AP) - The Oakland Athletics selected right-hander Sonny Green from Triple-A Sacramento on Saturday to make his first major league start against the Blue Jays.
The Athletics designated infielder Adam Rosales for assignment.
Oakland's first round pick in the 2011 draft, Gray made two relief appearances last month, striking out six batters in four scoreless innings. He was 10-7 with a 3.42 ERA in 20 starts at Triple-A.
Gray's start means an extra day of rest for right-hander A.J. Griffin, who has allowed a major league-worst 28 home runs this season, 10 of them in his past four starts.
Rosales, who is batting .191 with four homers and eight RBIs, was designated for assignment for the third time in 11 days.
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again