- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
CURL: Amateur Hour (once again) starring Barack Obama
Annnnnnnnd, end transparency. That “era” lasted less than 30 minutes. For the record, a Google search of “yemen drone strike” pulls up 66,400,000 results, some with headlines like “Yemen officials: U.S. drone strike kills three militants,” and “Suspected US drone strike kills 2 alleged militants in Yemen.”
But amateur hour wasn’t over, not by a long shot. Remember Candidate Obama pledging to talk to our adversaries, despots like Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Well, he not only hasn’t done that, but now he has decided that he won’t talk to leaders of countries that are, at the very least, strategic partners.
After Russian President Vladimir Putin allowed that, in the president’s words, “hacker” to stay in his country, Mr. Obama canceled a separate side meeting with him after the Group of 20 summit: You were mean, and I’m giving you the silent treatment. Of course, he said there were many factors — like Russia being mean to gays.
But Friday, he went one step further in his naive punishment of Mr. Putin. Asked how he can solve world problems without a decent relationship with one of the world’s near-superpowers, he said this of Russia’s president: “He’s got that kind of slouch, looking like the bored kid in the back of the classroom.”
I told you all this would sound made-up. And there was much more, too much for another column on the president’s fumbling buffoonery to hold.
And sorry, honey, I really would like to write about something. Maybe next week, since Mr. Obama’s on Martha’s Vineyard for a week — with 200 staffers! His use of taxpayer money really is — sorry, honey. I’ll stop …
• Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times and is now editor of the Drudge Report. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter @josephcurl.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014