- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
CURL: Amateur Hour (once again) starring Barack Obama
Question of the Day
Annnnnnnnd, end transparency. That “era” lasted less than 30 minutes. For the record, a Google search of “yemen drone strike” pulls up 66,400,000 results, some with headlines like “Yemen officials: U.S. drone strike kills three militants,” and “Suspected US drone strike kills 2 alleged militants in Yemen.”
But amateur hour wasn’t over, not by a long shot. Remember Candidate Obama pledging to talk to our adversaries, despots like Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Well, he not only hasn’t done that, but now he has decided that he won’t talk to leaders of countries that are, at the very least, strategic partners.
After Russian President Vladimir Putin allowed that, in the president’s words, “hacker” to stay in his country, Mr. Obama canceled a separate side meeting with him after the Group of 20 summit: You were mean, and I’m giving you the silent treatment. Of course, he said there were many factors — like Russia being mean to gays.
But Friday, he went one step further in his naive punishment of Mr. Putin. Asked how he can solve world problems without a decent relationship with one of the world’s near-superpowers, he said this of Russia’s president: “He’s got that kind of slouch, looking like the bored kid in the back of the classroom.”
I told you all this would sound made-up. And there was much more, too much for another column on the president’s fumbling buffoonery to hold.
And sorry, honey, I really would like to write about something. Maybe next week, since Mr. Obama’s on Martha’s Vineyard for a week — with 200 staffers! His use of taxpayer money really is — sorry, honey. I’ll stop …
• Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times and is now editor of the Drudge Report. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter @josephcurl.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq