- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Inside the Beltway: Editing the Hillary script
• 34 percent of Americans overall say they personally speak a second language; 60 percent of that group speak Spanish, 18 percent French, 12 percent German, 5 percent English, and 3 percent each for Italian, Russian and Chinese.
• 20 percent of Americans overall say it is essential that Americans learn a second language; 13 percent of Republicans and 24 percent of Democrats agree; 30 percent of Hispanics and 27 percent of U.S. immigrants also agree.
Source: A Gallup poll of 4,373 U.S. adults conducted June 13 to July 5 and released Friday.
• Happy talk, gallant press releases to email@example.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: Weather or not to wake Congress on climate change
- Sarah Palin's ultimate defense: 'A good guy with a nuke'
- New Benghazi investigation published on the 18-month anniversary of the attack
- Inside the Beltway: GOP determined to find out who's behind Clinton lockdown
- Inside the Beltway: A sampler of CPAC wisdom
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again