- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
Jones moving past banana-throwing incident
“It’s unfortunate that things happen like that, but it ain’t going stop me, myself and the Orioles,” he told reporters before Monday night’s game against Arizona. “We have games to win. It’s mid-August. I’ve got a bigger concern in my head than someone’s ignorance or act of whatever. You know what I mean?”
Jones, who is black, homered in the top of the ninth and had four RBIs in the Orioles‘ 10-2 win over the Giants on Sunday. He didn’t say anything about the incident after the game, but posted a tweet with an expletive that a fan had thrown a banana onto the field during the ninth inning.
A Giants fan told the San Jose Mercury News on Monday that he threw the banana, but said it was out of anger at the Giants and not racially motivated. The Giants told the newspaper they were not able to verify the fan’s claim.
“We were extremely disappointed to learn about the incident involving Adam Jones at AT&T Park yesterday,” the statement said. “The Giants have a zero tolerance policy against this type of behavior, which results in immediate ejection from the ballpark.”
“While we have been investigating the matter since we learned of the situation, unfortunately we have been unable to identify the person responsible. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies to Adam and the entire Orioles organization for this unfortunate incident. The inappropriate actions of this individual in no way reflect the values of our organization and our fans,” it said.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.