- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
Jones moving past banana-throwing incident
“It’s unfortunate that things happen like that, but it ain’t going stop me, myself and the Orioles,” he told reporters before Monday night’s game against Arizona. “We have games to win. It’s mid-August. I’ve got a bigger concern in my head than someone’s ignorance or act of whatever. You know what I mean?”
Jones, who is black, homered in the top of the ninth and had four RBIs in the Orioles‘ 10-2 win over the Giants on Sunday. He didn’t say anything about the incident after the game, but posted a tweet with an expletive that a fan had thrown a banana onto the field during the ninth inning.
A Giants fan told the San Jose Mercury News on Monday that he threw the banana, but said it was out of anger at the Giants and not racially motivated. The Giants told the newspaper they were not able to verify the fan’s claim.
“We were extremely disappointed to learn about the incident involving Adam Jones at AT&T Park yesterday,” the statement said. “The Giants have a zero tolerance policy against this type of behavior, which results in immediate ejection from the ballpark.”
“While we have been investigating the matter since we learned of the situation, unfortunately we have been unable to identify the person responsible. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies to Adam and the entire Orioles organization for this unfortunate incident. The inappropriate actions of this individual in no way reflect the values of our organization and our fans,” it said.
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again