- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
RG3: ‘I don’t like’ preseason plan set by Mike Shanahan, but no friction with coach
Question of the Day
“That’s my job, not necessarily to do what he likes, but to do what’s the best thing for him and this organization,” Shanahan said. “My job is to get him ready for the first game and that’s what we’re hoping we can do.”
Griffin will not play in the preseason, Shanahan reiterated, but the quarterback remains on course to start Week 1. He completed 15 of 17 passes during 7-on-7 drills Monday. One incompletion occurred on an intermediate throw that had to be low because of how cornerback DeAngelo Hall covered receiver Dezmon Briscoe from behind. The other was a short throw out in front of receiver Aldrick Robinson.
“If there is no setback, he’ll be ready,” Shanahan said. “And he’s going to have to trust me there.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
Latest Blog Entries
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq