- The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 14, 2013

In his first television interview following his supervised release from prison, filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, who produced the “Innocence of Muslims” video blamed for inciting the Sept. 11 attacks in Benghazi, urged the White House to be more careful in its assessments in the future, National Review Online reported.

“Before you do anything, please give yourself time to think about it,” he told the Obama administration in an interview Tuesday with CNN.

Mr. Nakoula said he was stunned when he first heard his film was triggering riots across the Muslim world, but added that he does not blame President Obama for initially placing the blame on him.

“We need to make [a separation] between the president and the administration,” he said, adding that he likes the president personally.


The filmmaker declined to comment, however, on if he held a grudge against former secretary of state Hillary Clinton.

Shortly after the Benghazi terror attacks Mr. Nakoula was arrested and charged with a parole violation for a bank fraud conviction. He was released last week after serving an 11-month sentence and currently lives in a halfway house, National Review Online reported.

In an exclusive interview with the Daily Caller earlier this week, Mr. Nakoula revealed the foreword of his upcoming book. 

“Ambassador Chris Stevens, Information Officer Sean Smith, former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, and Glen Doherty and to every son who has lost his father, every mother or father who has their son, every person all over the world [who] lost his life or [was] injured because of the terrorism culture,” Nakoula writes in his foreword. “I would like to tell you you’re not forgotten.”