- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
HARRIS: Bacarri Rambo, David Amerson give Redskins’ defense reason to be excited
Question of the Day
“There’s no added pressure on us,” Rambo said. “We just have to go out there and do what we do best. We have to go out there and handle our business.”
Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett faced the media for the only time this preseason Thursday and he sounded almost giddy about the development of his group. Hard to imagine a coordinator anywhere not sounding that way at this stage. The first question of the session concerned the team’s rookie draft picks, a group that also includes linebacker Brandon Jenkins and now-injured safety Phillip Thomas.
“I think they’re all kind of right on course,” Haslett said. “We’ll see how they go the next couple of weeks and then we’ll decide how we’re going to play the for the opener.”
Griffin was the NFL’s Offensive Rookie of the Year. If he hadn’t been, the award might have gone to Morris. All he did was rush for 1,613 yards, which was second-most in the league behind Adrian Peterson’s 2,097.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Washington Times sports editor Mike Harris has more than 30 years experience in the business as a reporter, columnist and manager. He’s covered a wide variety of events including two Olympics, horse racing, auto racing, professional and college sports. E-mail him at email@example.com and follow the section on Twitter @WashTimesSports.
- Ovechkin glides past RG3, Harper and Strasburg to reign as D.C. sports superstar
- HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question
- HARRIS: Visions of Robinson Cano under Nationals' tree
- Doing the roster math is a task Caps coach Adam Oates takes seriously
- HARRIS: There's always something you can put on your thankful list
Latest Blog Entries
- Meet Connor Carrick, the youngster who played his way onto the Caps' final roster
- Go Aggies: Nationals notes and lineups for Sept. 14
- RG3: There is no conflict with Redskins coach Mike Shanahan
- Sunday Nats-Dodgers lineups and some thoughts from reliever Craig Stammen
- Nats vs. Dodgers: Chad Tracy and his .149 average back at first base
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow