- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Chivas USA sued for alleged discrimination
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A former executive is suing the Chivas USA soccer team, claiming she was the target of discrimination because she wasn’t Latino and couldn’t speak Spanish.
The Torrance Daily Breeze (http://bit.ly/140qDrV ) reports the suit was filed in Los Angeles by former human resources manager Cynthia Craig, who is black.
The suit says Craig left the Southern California team in July after repeated harassment by owner Jorge Vergara and team President Jose David.
Messages seeking comment from Chivas representatives weren’t immediately returned Thursday.
It’s not the first discrimination lawsuit against Chivas.
Two former youth coaches sued the Carson-based team in May, alleging they were fired because they aren’t Mexican or Latino.
Information from: Daily Breeze, http://www.dailybreeze.com
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.