- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
John Mellencamp: Singer’s 2 teenage sons charged with felony battery
Rock singer John Mellencamp’s two teenage sons have been charged with felony battery and have been accused of jumping a 19-year-old man who was sitting on his own front porch in Bloomington, Ind., TMZ reported.
According to the TMZ report, law officials said the three calmly approached the unsuspecting victim before delivering a brutal beatdown, kicking, punching and stomping the resident of the home.
Officers said the victim suffered facial fractures and cuts that required stitches.
“Speck Mellencamp said he had tried to stop a dispute between two girls who were fighting over him and was pushed and hit by a man. He was upset by the incident and not thinking straight, he said, when he returned to the house with his brother and Smith,” the Herald Times reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- Booze and bullets? Oklahoma gun range seeks liquor license
- Suspected Islamic gunmen kidnap 100 girls from Nigeria secondary school: reports
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.