- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Pepper welcomed back into Solheim Cup circle
Question of the Day
“When I came home and listened to the telecast and heard how she said it, I started laughing,” Mallon said. “Because I know Dottie and I knew she had inserted herself in that match and that’s what she would’ve called herself in that match. So I got it. From that point on, I felt like, OK, this is a little silly.”
“Meg told them, `You need to know the facts before you continue to harbor all of this,’” Pepper said. “That was a big deal.”
One of the deepest scars left from the affair was between Pepper and Laura Diaz, a player on the 2007 team who is serving as Mallon’s other co-captain this year. Pepper and Diaz go back _ way back _ to when Pepper dated Diaz’s brother back in high school. Diaz went years without speaking to Pepper. That relationship has been smoothed over, as well.
“I’ve known Laura Diaz since she was 6 years old and I went to prom with her brother,” Pepper said. “If you can’t eventually move past that, then we’re not very good people. Like I said in March (when she was announced as co-captain), the Solheim Cup is big enough to drive people apart but it’s also big enough to drive people together, and that’s what happened.”
Once considered a shoo-in as a captain someday, Pepper said she had “grown content with the thought that nothing would ever happen with me in the Solheim Cup again.”
Now that she’s back in the family, it doesn’t seem impossible anymore. But that debate is for later.
For now, she’s simply happy to be back.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors