- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Delay for Joe Montana’s hotel at new 49ers stadium
Question of the Day
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. (AP) - Joe Montana’s plan to build a new hotel and restaurant next to the 49ers’ new Silicon Valley stadium is not advancing as quickly as expected.
The Hall of Fame quarterback had wanted the four-star hotel, upscale restaurant and sports bar to open in August 2014, when the 49ers move to Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
The plan is being delayed because Montana and his business partners haven’t been able to reach a deal with Santa Clara officials on the value of city-owned land where the complex would be built. Another development project has also prompted new design work on the hotel.
Information from: San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News, http://www.mercurynews.com
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world