- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Delay for Joe Montana’s hotel at new 49ers stadium
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. (AP) - Joe Montana’s plan to build a new hotel and restaurant next to the 49ers’ new Silicon Valley stadium is not advancing as quickly as expected.
The Hall of Fame quarterback had wanted the four-star hotel, upscale restaurant and sports bar to open in August 2014, when the 49ers move to Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
The plan is being delayed because Montana and his business partners haven’t been able to reach a deal with Santa Clara officials on the value of city-owned land where the complex would be built. Another development project has also prompted new design work on the hotel.
Information from: San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News, http://www.mercurynews.com
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014