- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Selig says he did the right thing with A-Rod
“It was not difficult for me at all,” Selig said. “I spent many, many hours thinking about it, trying to be fair, trying to be logical and rational. I wouldn’t second-guess a thing at all. I thought it was eminently fair.”
There has been a backlash from Rodriguez’s camp because of the harshness of the 211-game penalty, and Rodriguez has appealed. The New York Yankees slugger is playing while the appeal is being considered.
“I can’t control what people are saying,” Selig said. “I have a job to do, and that’s protecting the integrity of the game and enforcing it, and that’s what I’m going to do. The public role in this thing _ it is what it is and I accept that. I have no concerns about it.”
“There are times you’d like it not to be this, but that’s just the way life works out,” he added. “We made a commitment. I made a commitment to a lot of people … that we would do everything we can to clean up this sport. We have and we will. To be where we are today I think is remarkable.”
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun received a 65-game suspension while All-Stars Nelson Cruz, Jhonny Peralta and Everth Cabrera were among 12 banned for 50 games apiece on Aug. 5 when MLB disciplined them for their relationship to Biogenesis.
Biogenesis, the now-closed Florida anti-aging clinic, was accused of distributing banned performance-enhancing drugs.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again