- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
A-Rod hit by pitch in 1st at-bat vs Red Sox
BOSTON (AP) - Alex Rodriguez has been hit by a pitch in his first at-bat, prompting the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox to clear the benches and bullpens at Fenway Park.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi ran onto the field, threw his cap to the ground and was ejected Sunday night. He was tossed during a heated argument after plate umpire Brian O’Nora warned both teams against further trouble.
Boston pitcher Ryan Dempster hit Rodriguez in the second inning with a 3-0 pitch. Dempster threw his first pitch of the inning behind the legs of Rodriguez, missed inside with the next two pitches and then threw a fastball that glanced off A-Rod’s elbow pad and deflected into his back.
Rodriguez was recently suspended 211 games by Major League Baseball in a drug case. He is appealing and allowed to play until there is a decision.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.