- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- U.N. school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
Angels say slugger Pujols done for season
Question of the Day
ANAHEIM, CALIF. (AP) - The Los Angeles Angels say slugger Albert Pujols is done for the season because of an injured left foot.
The Angels made the announcement Monday before playing Cleveland.
Pujols hasn’t played since July 26. He had been saying he wanted to return when his partially torn plantar fascia healed.
The injury has bothered him all season, and forced the first baseman to mostly become a designated hitter. The Angels began the season with high hopes, but are far back in the playoff race.
The 33-year-old Pujols hit .258 with 17 home runs and 64 RBIs this year. This is the first time the three-time NL MVP finished with fewer than 30 homers in his 13-season major league career.
Pujols is in the second season of his $240 million, 10-year contract.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq