- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Angels say slugger Pujols done for season
Question of the Day
ANAHEIM, CALIF. (AP) - The Los Angeles Angels say slugger Albert Pujols is done for the season because of an injured left foot.
The Angels made the announcement Monday before playing Cleveland.
Pujols hasn’t played since July 26. He had been saying he wanted to return when his partially torn plantar fascia healed.
The injury has bothered him all season, and forced the first baseman to mostly become a designated hitter. The Angels began the season with high hopes, but are far back in the playoff race.
The 33-year-old Pujols hit .258 with 17 home runs and 64 RBIs this year. This is the first time the three-time NL MVP finished with fewer than 30 homers in his 13-season major league career.
Pujols is in the second season of his $240 million, 10-year contract.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world