- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
Assault trial delayed for Bengals’ ‘Pacman’ Jones
Question of the Day
CINCINNATI (AP) - A trial has been delayed for Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones, who was charged with assault after police said he hit a woman at a nightclub.
The trial had been scheduled to start Monday, but a judge delayed it until Oct. 7 at a defense attorney’s request.
Jones has pleaded not guilty and was released on his own recognizance after his June arrest. He and his attorney have declined to comment.
He’s accused of hitting a 34-year-old woman at a downtown Cincinnati nightclub. A police report listed the injury as apparently minor.
Jones could be punished by the NFL under its conduct policy.
He has been in trouble previously. He pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct in another case.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq