- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
Assault trial delayed for Bengals’ ‘Pacman’ Jones
CINCINNATI (AP) - A trial has been delayed for Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, who was charged with assault after police said he hit a woman at a nightclub.
The trial had been scheduled to start Monday, but a judge delayed it until Oct. 7 at a defense attorney's request.
Jones has pleaded not guilty and was released on his own recognizance after his June arrest. He and his attorney have declined to comment.
He's accused of hitting a 34-year-old woman at a downtown Cincinnati nightclub. A police report listed the injury as apparently minor.
Jones could be punished by the NFL under its conduct policy.
He has been in trouble previously. He pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct in another case.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- LOZANSKY: World War III over Ukraine, anyone?
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Minister sees breakthrough 'in months' for long-split Cyprus
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again