- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Conn. cops annoyed by 911 calls reporting cable outage
A Connecticut police department wants its residents to know that reporting a cable outage is not an appropriate use of 911.
The post stated that 911 calls are meant for life-threatening emergencies only and “misuse of the 911 system may result in an arrest.”
The Blaze points out that many Facebook users were shocked and appalled by the news that people would call the cops to report a cable outage.
“We take Breaking Bad seriously here in CT,” one commenter wrote.
“Please release the audio of the calls. That’s hilarious,” another said.
“People should be arrested!” Lisa Michelle wrote. “The cable being out is NOT an emergency. Read a book for crying out loud!”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Jon Corzine's son, Jeffrey, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer 'apeish'
- 'Frustrated' Mark Zuckerberg blasts Obama administration over privacy
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Colin Powell: I took selfies before they were cool
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again