- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
‘Kill yourself or I will kill you’: Girl’s doll returned with cut throat, threatening note
An 11-year-old Ohio girl received a chilling death threat stuffed in the cut throat of her beloved Raggedy Ann doll that was stolen from her house.
“[I’m shocked] that people have the audacity to walk up to my front porch and drop the doll here,” Ms. Amato said.
Lab tests on the doll haven’t produced any viable leads, police said.
Bella is going into the sixth grade this fall. She said she’s not going to let bullying get to her.
“Stop bullying,” she said to whoever left the note. “Don’t be mean. Don’t bully anybody else, because it’s hurting them.”
Deputy Chief Stephen Hrytzik said authorities were unable to take fingerprints on the doll but will do everything they can to find the culprit.
“Oh this is a crime, absolutely,” he told the station. “It is a concern to the parents, it’s a concern to us. We don’t see cases like this very often.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jon Corzine's son, Jeffrey, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer 'apeish'
- 'Frustrated' Mark Zuckerberg blasts Obama administration over privacy
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Colin Powell: I took selfies before they were cool
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again