- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- 2 dead after driver hits them at Texas festival
- Student protester shot, killed amid Venezuela unrest
- ‘Between Two Ferns’ director rushes to Obama’s defense, blasts O’Reilly
- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare would further empower IRS
Americans have come to fear the Internal Revenue Service — and with good reason (“The IRS as kingmaker,” Commentary, Aug. 16). Those of us who have ever been audited by this huge government bureaucracy — despite having followed the letter of the law — live in fear of its findings, because the IRS has the power to affect our very livelihood.
The IRS scrutinizes every penny we have ever earned, looking for ways to get even more of our income. In the latest IRS scandal, this greedy government goliath has become a political arm of the Obama administration, targeting conservatives. Tea Party groups and individuals have been punished by being denied their lawful right to organize as tax-exempt entities. All the while, President Obama calls this a “phony” scandal.
With the implementation of Obamacare, this massive, power-wielding monster will, in addition to monitoring our finances, be the master of our health care. We conservatives should be shaking in our boots if Obamacare ever takes effect. The IRS will have the very power to determine our financial and physical fate. In addition to having access to our finances, it will have access to our medical records. And if you happen to be a conservative, well, the writing is on the wall for you.
Obamacare must be defunded and replaced with a reform that allows the free market to compete for our health care business. This will bring about better care and lower premiums that would benefit all Americans. In addition, the IRS must be replaced with a Fair Tax. These proposals would help bring individual freedom and fiscal sanity back to America.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Get Breaking Alerts
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- John Kerry says any resumption of aid to Egypt would depend on reforms in Cairo
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wind power less harmful to wildlife
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Constitutional rights are God-given
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Clinton still too inexperienced for presidency
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The recipe for Asia-Pacific stability
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama delivering on 'flexibility' vow to Moscow