- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Police: LeBron concert escort violated police rule
MIAMI (AP) - The Miami-Dade Police Department says its officers violated policy by providing a police escort to Miami Heat star LeBron James through heavy traffic at last Friday’s Justin Timberlake/Jay Z concert.
The agency issued a statement Monday saying it will continue to investigate the matter.
James posted a video before the concert at Sun Life Stadium saying he was following a police escort on the wrong side of the street. The video showed James following police vehicles with their lights flashing. The video was posted on several of James‘ social media accounts.
The police statement said officers escorted James from one intersection to another, onto the stadium’s property. The statement also said the escort was not scheduled in advance and all safety precautions appeared to have been taken.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.