- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
Rangers’ 11-run 3rd vs. Astros biggest in majors
ARLINGTON, TEXAS (AP) - The Texas Rangers have put together the highest-scoring inning in the major leagues this season.
They scored 11 runs in the third against Houston on Monday night, their biggest inning since scoring 11 runs in the fifth inning against Tampa Bay on Sept. 26, 2009.
The last major league team to score as many runs in an inning was St. Louis on July 21, 2012, when the Cardinals scored 12 runs in the seventh of a 12-0 win over the Chicago Cubs.
All nine Texas players scored in the inning, with Leonys Martin and Elvis Andrus each scoring twice. The Rangers had seven hits, six singles and a double, along with three walks, two errors and a sac bunt.
Texas led 13-1 after three innings.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- No rush: Bob Goodlatte waits for heads to cool on heated legislation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.