- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Rangers’ 11-run 3rd vs. Astros biggest in majors
ARLINGTON, TEXAS (AP) - The Texas Rangers have put together the highest-scoring inning in the major leagues this season.
They scored 11 runs in the third against Houston on Monday night, their biggest inning since scoring 11 runs in the fifth inning against Tampa Bay on Sept. 26, 2009.
The last major league team to score as many runs in an inning was St. Louis on July 21, 2012, when the Cardinals scored 12 runs in the seventh of a 12-0 win over the Chicago Cubs.
All nine Texas players scored in the inning, with Leonys Martin and Elvis Andrus each scoring twice. The Rangers had seven hits, six singles and a double, along with three walks, two errors and a sac bunt.
Texas led 13-1 after three innings.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again