- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Cuccinelli right for Virginia
Question of the Day
Awhile back, gubernatorial hopeful and Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli presented his plan for job creation in Virginia, and on July 29, he introduced his energy plan for the state. I am terribly disappointed with gubernatorial challenger Terry McAuliffe's campaign, which has given Virginians few (if any) ideas for job creation or energy and has only attacked Mr. Cuccinelli with negative and erroneous statements.
I have read the Cuccinelli plan's outline and must say it is impressive. If elected, I can see this new governor of Virginia getting down to the basic essentials of governing and implementing these ideas. Virginia deserves a committed conservative rather than a constant campaigner. They also deserve a governor who will effectively take on the tough issues that will bring more prosperity to all Virginians.
Mr. Cuccinelli's plan has multiple facets to it, ranging from reducing excessive regulations so more resources in every field of energy can be found and developed, to protecting the environment while modernizing Virginia's infrastructure.
As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Cuccinelli is showing all of us that he has well-thought-out plans for elevating Virginia to one of the most vibrant and stable economies in the country. As for Mr. McAuliffe's plan, I haven't heard anything positive.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- SOWELL:Bordering on immigration madness
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis