- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Filippi to make IndyCar debut for Barracuda Racing
LEXINGTON, OHIO (AP) - Luca Filippi will make his IndyCar debut when he drives the No. 98 car for Barracuda Racing on Sunday in the Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio
The 27-year-old Italian earned the ride after a successful test at the 2.258-mile road course on Wednesday. Filippi previously drove in both the GP2 and the Auto GP series.
Filippi replaces Alex Tagliani, who was 21st in points through 13 races and recorded two top-10 finishes.
Barracuda Racing co-owner Bryan Herta said he was pleased with how quickly Filippi adapted to the new car during the test session. Filippi said his goal is to be competitive but isn’t worried about whether the weekend will lead to more rides this season.
Filippi recorded the fifth fastest time in Friday’s second practice session at Mid-Ohio.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.