- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Former Ohio captive Michelle Knight says she knew she’d escape from Ariel Castro
Question of the Day
“We had a lot of harmony that went on in that home,” Castro said.
“I’m not sure there’s anyone in America that would agree with you,” he said.
“We stand before you and promise you that our beloved family member thrives,” said Sylvia Colon, DeJesus‘ cousin. “She laughs, swims, dances and, more importantly, she loves and is loved.”
Outside court, assistant prosecutor Blaise Thomas responded to Castro’s claim of creating a harmonious family life for the women by recounting how Castro cried several days ago when he signed over the deed to his house as part of the plea deal. Castro was sorry to lose the house and mentioned “the many happy memories” he had there with the three women, Thomas said.
“That’s how he views the world,” she said. “That’s how distorted and twisted he is.”
The house, a drive-by attraction, has been fenced off and under police guard since the women escaped and will be demolished.
The women have begun emerging from the privacy they had sought after they escaped to freedom.
Seewer reported from Toledo. Andrew Welsh-Huggins in Columbus contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors