- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bullying of Boy Scouts a victory for left
Question of the Day
Upon his death, “God Bless America” composer Irving Berlin bequeathed all royalties from public performances of his famous patriotic song to the Boy Scouts of America. He must be spinning in his grave now (“Churches warned of Boy Scout legal risks,” Page 1, Aug. 15).
Whenever any organization fails to agree with the agenda of the political left, the left seeks to destroy that organization. According to this story, “the Secular Coalition for America has asked Congress to bar the use of federal funds to assist any group that discriminates based on religion, and specifically revoke the charter of the Boy Scouts of America.” If the left gets its way, “God” will be stripped from the Boy Scout pledge, Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) will demand that girls who think they are boys be admitted, and churches that often sponsor Scout troops will be forced to officiate at homosexual weddings.
The left will have achieved its goal: destruction of the Boy Scouts of America. It can then check off another item on its bucket list.
JOSEPH R. FARRELL
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- TRACCI: Six steps to end the border crisis
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals