- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Earnhardt feeling heat after 2 subpar weekends
Question of the Day
LEADER OF THE PACK: After his third-place finish at Mid-Ohio on Saturday, Ohio native Sam Hornish Jr. leads the Nationwide Series driver standings. He holds a 13-point edge on Elliott Sadler, with Regan Smith and Austin Dillon tied for third, two more points off the pace, and 11 races remaining.
“We have a long way to go yet.” Hornish said. “It’s tough running out there, but a lot of fun.”
PERFECT YEAR: Jeremy Bullins, crew chief for Roger Penske, prepared cars that won all three of the road-course races on the Nationwide Series this season. That’s just a part of eight victories for him and his crew this year.
“We’re certainly on a good streak; there’s no getting around that,” Bullins said. “We keep trying to make improvements to our cars, and building new cars and try to keep things moving forward.”
AJ Allmendinger has won in his only two starts on the circuit this year _ both on road courses _ at Road America and on Saturday at Mid-Ohio, and Brad Keselowski won at Watkins Glen two weeks ago.
“Penske cars have just been good on the road courses,” said Michael McDowell, who finished second to Allmendinger at Mid-Ohio. “It’s not one thing in particular. I’ve been trying to figure it out, too.”
AP Sports Writers Rusty Miller and Noah Trister contributed to this report.
Follow Hank on twitter at: http://twitter.com/hankkurzjr
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq