- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Earnhardt feeling heat after 2 subpar weekends
Question of the Day
LEADER OF THE PACK: After his third-place finish at Mid-Ohio on Saturday, Ohio native Sam Hornish Jr. leads the Nationwide Series driver standings. He holds a 13-point edge on Elliott Sadler, with Regan Smith and Austin Dillon tied for third, two more points off the pace, and 11 races remaining.
“We have a long way to go yet.” Hornish said. “It’s tough running out there, but a lot of fun.”
PERFECT YEAR: Jeremy Bullins, crew chief for Roger Penske, prepared cars that won all three of the road-course races on the Nationwide Series this season. That’s just a part of eight victories for him and his crew this year.
“We’re certainly on a good streak; there’s no getting around that,” Bullins said. “We keep trying to make improvements to our cars, and building new cars and try to keep things moving forward.”
AJ Allmendinger has won in his only two starts on the circuit this year _ both on road courses _ at Road America and on Saturday at Mid-Ohio, and Brad Keselowski won at Watkins Glen two weeks ago.
“Penske cars have just been good on the road courses,” said Michael McDowell, who finished second to Allmendinger at Mid-Ohio. “It’s not one thing in particular. I’ve been trying to figure it out, too.”
AP Sports Writers Rusty Miller and Noah Trister contributed to this report.
Follow Hank on twitter at: http://twitter.com/hankkurzjr
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
White House pets gone wild!